At Kristens Gluten Free Food Company, we are going to start the new year off by making our own “Back2Basics” Chicken Nuggets! Store bought varieties are high in cost, high in sodium and fat, and can be loaded with artificial ingredients! Check out Kristens Chicken Nuggets Recipe at the end of the post! Kristens Flaky Biscuit & All Purpose Baking Mix, it’s not just for Biscuits!
DIY Chicken Nuggets using Kristens Flaky Biscuit and All Purpose Baking Mix are….
…simple to make.
…Enjoyed by adults and kids alike.
…oh sooo tasty!
…much healthier for you.
…versatile! Add more spices, make them spicy or plain, Mexican or Italian,
Add Dipping Sauces for more ZING like BBQ sauce, Teriyaki Sauce, Cheese Sauce, and yes… Buffalo Wing Sauce!
…great with Rice and roasted veggies with your favorite Asian sauce.
Healthy Chicken Nuggets
Serves about 6
• 3 boneless chicken breasts
• 2 cups Kristens Flaky Biscuit & All Purpose Baking Mix
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp Paprika
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• About 1/4 cup oil, enough to coat a large cookie sheet.
• One 1 gallon resealable bag
1. Place the biscuit mix, salt, pepper and paprika in the resealable bag, shake to mix, and set aside.
2. Place the eggs into a small mixing bowl, beat and add the milk and mix well, set aside.
3. Rinse 3 chicken breasts, pat dry with paper towels, and cut into about 1 inch cubes.
4. Drop about a quarter of the chicken into the flour coating, seal the bag, shake to coat well, remove chicken cubes to a plate and repeat until all pieces are coated.
5. Preheat the oven to 450°.
6. In four batches, take one piece of chicken at a time with a fork, dip completely into the egg/milk mixture, drop into the bag, repeat one by one, seal the bag, shake well and remove the coated chicken cubes to a plate, and repeat until all pieces are coated.
7. Pour oil into the pan, gently place all chicken cubes into the oil and place in oven, baking on one side for 5 minutes.
8. Take pan out, set on stove top and flip each chicken cube to cook other side, place back in oven and cook for another 5 minute until golden, and the center of a larger chicken cube tests 165° with a meat thermometer.
9. Remove chicken from pan onto a paper towel lined cookie sheet. Eat. Enjoy. Excel!
• For oil free baking, place a wire rack in the cookie sheet, and bake the nuggets the same, flipping over after 5 minutes, and baking until center temp reaches 165°.
• For more flavor, have fun! Add 1 tsp garlic powder, more paprika, some onion powder, chili powder…. a tip, it takes more seasoning than you think to make a difference, when in doubt add spices by the 1/2 to 1 tsp, you’ll be fine.
• Double the recipe and freeze some for a fast meal.